Thursday, May 7, 2015

Page Maps & Bella Blvd | Hello Smile...

This month, Bella Blvd is sponsoring the challenge over at Becky Fleck's PageMaps.  The Bella Blvd design team had the awesome opportunity to play along. This is the sketch Becky asked me to create with..
 
 
I love the vertical lines and the added interest of enamel dots! So.. This is the layout I ended up creating.
 
"Hello Smile" 
 
products used: cs - American Crafts; pp - Bella Blvd (Color Chaos); other - Bella Blvd: enamel dots, stickers; paint; tools - machine stitching, typewriter.



I didn't want to go too crazy with the colour on this page, instead staying true to the hues found in the photo. The simplicity of the overall layout is what appeals to me the most.  And of course there's the story too. That look of pure tranquillity on my sons face, was soon abolished when his brothers decided they needed to jump on top of him in the pool!
 
 
sigh... boys.
 
 
Thanks for visiting.  I hope many of you got a chance to create last week end in celebration of (inter)National Scrapbooking Day!
 


3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVEEEEEEEEE the colors on this one!!!!!!!

VERO The Sahm said...

Soooo beautiful, and perfect papers for the colors. love this !!

Lizzyc said...

That is a wonderful take on the sketch!