Saturday, June 13, 2015

Bella Blvd | Just Add Color...

Hi Everyone! Today I wanted to share with you the amazing versatility of Bella Blvd's Just Add Color collection.  I have had so much fun creating this layout, fussy cutting and breaking out the watercolour paints!
 
"Star"
 
products used: cs - Bazzill, American Crafts; pp - Bella Blvd (Color Chaos, Just Add Color); alpha - Bella Blvd; other - Bella Blvd: stickers, enamel doodads, word strips (Little Bits); watercolour paint; tools - machine stitching.
 
 
You see, the new double-sided collection allows you to add a great deal more personality to your pages! One side comes with glorious colours, cute sayings and bold graphics, while the other side shares images and outlines of shapes.  This is where the fun part begins!
 
You can use these shape and theme outlines to highlight a photo/s with any colour of your choosing, simply by colouring them in yourself with your choice of medium! How easy is that!
 
 
I needed to the photo of my son (the one in yellow) to stand apart from the colours of the opposing team. This can be quite difficult sometimes, especially when documenting sporting events!  The stars were colour matched to the photo with a little premixing of watercolours directly on the palette. Before fussy cutting them out, I also added a some gentle splashes of black and teal paint to the blank stars.  I also wasn't bothered about staying in the lines. In fact it was quite a deliberate choice on my part.  I figure outdoor sports are generally messy (well at least the ones my sons play!!!) and the overall look of my layout could handle it.  *grin*
 
 
The word sticker strips, otherwise known as Bella Blvd Little Bits, were another fun addition to this page.  I love how I could convey the story of our Saturdays, with several well placed and colour coordinated sayings!
 
 
Another fun and somewhat subtle feature on my page is the layering of the Color Chaos Strandz patterned paper.  In the photo above you will be able to see miniature hockey sticks along side of my photo.  It is just a small detail, but one that helps share the story.
 
 
Thanks for joining me here today.  If you would like to see more of the Just Add Color collection, head on over to Bella Blvd and check out the talent from our other CT members...x
 
 
 


6 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Loooove how you've done the stars running down the page.... Adore this one!!

Kerry said...

Amazing design, colours and watercolours stars! Great boy page!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this so much! LOVING the colors and the stars!!!!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

I just love the aquas and yellows here! Stunning! And your trail of stars is uber fun!

VERO The Sahm said...

Absolutely gorgeous !!!!

antenucci said...

Love, love, love the trail of stars and splatters!