Friday, August 14, 2015

Jillibean Soup | Sweet Dreamer...

Hello Friends! It's been another busy week around here and already the weekend is almost upon us! Today I wanted to share my layout that's up on the Jillibean Soup blog. I've been playing with the new Sew Sweet Sunshine Soup collection and might have taken it in a slightly different direction to what it is initially meant to help document! *grin* However, having said that, now that I look at my layout once again, I really haven't lost the craftiness element of its intention, but merely tweaked it! LOL!
 
"Sweet Dreamer"
 
products used: cs - American Crafts; pp - Jillibean Soup (Sew Sweet Sunshine Soup); alpha - Jillibean Soup alphabeans; other - Jillibean Soup: mini placemats, wood sprinkles, stickers, labels, die cut cork, bakers twine, pompom garland, happy hues, enamel stars; other - machine stitching, typewriter.
 
 
My goal was to create a textural dream catcher using the Sew Sweet Sunshine Soup mini placemats.  The heart and embroidery hoop die cuts were the perfect shape and size to be layered against my 4x6 photo.
 
The colour palette of the dream catcher came about by accident. At first if was a solid colour of yellow and I changed my mind and wanted it to be more of an aqua shade, so once the first layer was dry, I painted directly over it again with the second colour. I still wasn't completely happy with the choices I made and after playing with the shapes, moving them about on my page (for what seems like ages!!!) I accidently flipped it to the reverse side and liked what I saw!  Definitely an happy accident! 
 
 
To achieve the dream catcher look, the mini placemats were first adhered to the patterned paper background before I added evenly spaced holes with a paper piercer. It was just a simple matter to then stitch randomly between the holes with the yellow embroidery thread.
 
The rest of the dream catcher threads were created from homemade twine tassels and pompom garlands.
 
I hope you get the chance to visit the Jillibean Soup blog and check out the inspiration from the other design team girls.  It's totally worth your while!  Thanks for visiting..x
 
 


3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is amazing! I am IN LOVE with that dream catcher!!!!!!!!

bappleicious said...

The stitching looks amazing

VERO The Sahm said...

wow ! absolutely gorgeous, what a cute idea ! love this !!